feedburner
Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

feedburner count

Hate Money...

Labels:

Sadly I'm flabbergasted with this one. Today one of my friends went shopping and upon receiving her change she got the above dollar. This dollar was in my opinion a fanatic Christian's way of trying to save someone. I found myself repulsed by this. The exact word is"But the fearful, the unbelieving, the abominable, (Homosexuality, any persons having oral or anal sex, entertaining evil thoughts, and detestable and disgusting habits) and murderers, and whore mongers,(prostitution) and sorcerers, (witch craft) idolaters and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone" My questions it why would someone put this on the back of the dollar? Really how does this show the love of God. I had a Teen Bible when I was growing up and one of the topics in the Bible for study was witnessing, now the thing from this "Bible Study" that stuck with me was you don't run up to someone and tell them that they are going to hell. This is just not how you convey God's love. Now what makes me angry is who is this person to think that they can claim God wrath, when in turn they need to look at themselves before they look at other people. I recall Jesus stating "

3Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? 4How can you say to your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? 5You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye."
In my humble opinion I in my own humanity try not to cast judgment on people because of this fact. I know that I am not perfect and deserve God's punishment, yet through him I am redeemed by his grace and love. This person/persons are making rational Christians look bad. As a Christian I believe that we are here to show the love of God, and not cast judgment on others. So to this so called Christian, please learn what it is to be Christ-like and remember to love your neighbor as yourself. Remember the fact that you are a mirror of God, and what people see you do and your actions will reflect how they see God. Also remember the ultimate price Christ paid for us to gain grace in God's eyes. If you need a reminder of what that is, you might want to listen to "O' Sacred Head Now Wounded."
What Thou, my Lord, hast suffered, was all for sinners’ gain; Mine, mine was the transgression, but Thine the deadly pain. Lo, here I fall, my Savior! ’Tis I deserve Thy place; Look on me with Thy favor, vouchsafe to me Thy grace.
Sorry for the long rant, but this really erked me. I just can't stand meaningless hatred and ignorance. This is like declaring war in the name of God. But this is just my opinion.

0 Your Thoughts:

Post a Comment