feedburner
Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

feedburner count

The Great Dictator

Labels:

A while back I posted a link to a you tube video of Charlie Chaplin talking. (Well at least I thought I did, appearantly I didn't so I posted it below. It's an excellent speech.) It was from a movie called The Great Dictator. This movie written and directed by Chaplin himself was satire on Nazi Germany, dictator Adenoid Hynkel has a double... a poor Jewish barber... who one day is mistaken for Hynkel. The movie was great, I found it to be very funny at times and the same time it had some emotional substance to it. Apparently it was pretty controversial when the movie came out since Germany and the U.S.A. were at peace. Though looking back on the movie Chaplin did a great job bringing notice to what Nazi Germany was doing. I would recommend this movie to anybody who like older movies.

0 Your Thoughts:

Post a Comment